Post 25

Celebrations!

It is that time of year right? This weekend in our neighborhood was no exception. Our Lady of Guadalupe Roman Catholic Church across from the park on T street was celebrating Our Lady of Guadalupe Feast Day. Although it was raining... hard, that didn't seem to stop the celebration. Church goers lining the street, vendors, and floats on flat bed trucks! The church has a beautiful mural of Our Lady of Guadalupe on the front, this photo I took a few weeks ago, before my camera was stolen. She is just beautiful! Our Lady of Guadalupe is a celebrated Catholic icon of the Virgin Mary, also know as the Virgin of Guadalupe. This mural is quite large, maybe 20-25 feet! I just love to drive by the church and see her looking down as if to bless all passers by.


In our home we were having our own celebration. It is Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights! We light the minorah celebrate the miracle of oil. May you all be blessed with family and friends to share your own celebrations! Until next time… Tj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...