Post 18

So, instead of the titles of the posts being days, I decided to change it to posts. I am going to try to post daily, but as I'm finding, some days it just doesn't happen... like yesterday! Ooopss!!! I think this new naming convention will relieve some of the self induced pressure to get them out there, or more, the self induced guilt if I miss a day. So, this is Post 18 instead of day 18.

My car window was fixed yesterday. Yes! But what it did was make me take a look at one of the only down sides of living downtown that I can think of. That is parking. Most of the homes do not have garages, or like my home that was build in 1920, has a garage but it was built for a model T. Not really large enough for most cars today. Although, I do drive a small economical car, still not sure I could park in there. We do have a one car driveway, but we are a 3 car family. The night with my broken window with only a plastic bag taped over the opening I was a little nervous. I parked in the driveway, but it was still vulnerable. Of course it was fine. Some homes like ours, have lots that go all the way to the alley. Some have had garages built. We did have a 2 car parking pad installed on the alley, but because our gate/fence is not very functional, we have yet to utilize it. After the first of the year we are going to correct the fence/gate problem, then we will have places for 3 cars to park without being on the street. That will be a relief! There have been more homes refurbished on our street in recent months, homes that had been empty for years. The street looks much more inviting with the fresh new updates, and it is good to have new neighbors, but it also is more cars fighting for street parking. The new construction in empty lots are all adding garages, or so it seems. Might be a mandatory construction rule, I do not know. But it's good they have their own parking built in.

So there you have it, one of the down sides. But really, that does NOT outweigh the good! Ok, until next time... Tj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...