Day 17

Well, I had plans to post a picture of the pick up basketball game that takes place almost nightly in the park. It is always fun to see them playing with the bright light shining down and this time of year with the little bit of fog, well it would make for a great photo and they are usually there, even in the cold. But, I went to my water aerobics class tonight, took my camera with me so I could catch them on my way home. Arggggg.... while I was in class someone broke the window of my car and took my camera. AHHHHHH!!!! Now I have no camera and a broken window. The staff at the Y said this was the 3rd time this week a car has been broken into! Why didn't they warn us then? That is what I'd like to know. Well, I was just saying last week that I'd hope that Santa would bring me a new camera because I've had this one for about 8 years and it isn't taking the best photos any longer. Be careful what you wish for huh! Enough about me... shake it off...

Ok, if you are a sports kind of person this is a great place to live. There is a walking/jogging track around the park, it is almost a one mile track and has fitness stations on all 4 sides of the park. There is a lighted basketball court and 2 tennis courts, usually in use. Seems like there is a pick up game every night, rain, fog, clear, cold, doesn't seem to matter. There is also the swimming pool, of course this time of year it is closed, and way to cold to use, it is an outdoor pool! Just a block south of Southside park sits Oneil park where there is almost always a soccer game or baseball game happening. Here is a pic of Oneil park last night, one of the last few photos from my old camera... Bright lights, big game! Ok, be well. Tj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...