Post 78

Last night I was letting my dog out for his last "outside time" of the night, and I have been looking around before I let him out so there aren't any surprises or animals to chase... and sure enough. My cat had not eaten all of his food from the morning, and there was a baby possum up on the table eating the left overs! He was actually kind of cute... yes I said that, a possum was cute. He was about the size of a rat. It took me a while to chase him off, but he finally left. I dumped the cat food. I am sure that my cat had not eaten because he's eating the food the crazy cat lady leaves out. She is a whole different story. We have a lady that comes around and leaves food out for the feral cats whose population has grown in the last year or so... I'm sure because she is feeding them. More on that later.... until next time. Tj.

2 comments:

  1. The possums are living under a nameless (but probably kind of obvious) back porch very nearby. What's really funny to me is that one of my cats thinks they're super fun to hang out with, chase, occasionally bat on the head. He's kind of stupid like that.

    In fairness to the cat lady, she also takes the clear strays in to get them fixed. But I'm pretty sure that my cats eat more of the food she puts out than the ferals do, really. She does it all over town, apparently.

    The strays really are pretty out of hand right now. Always such a shame. Haven't seen my favorite little calico in forever; hope she's ok somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...