Post 20

Another wildlife story. I was driving up T street last night about 5:45, and crossing the street at about 8th and T was the biggest fattest furriest opossum I've seen! I was surprised, that was pretty early to see a nocturnal creature wondering about. At least I've only seen them at night. The first time I spotted one, it was late evening, we let the dogs out for their final "go", and all of a sudden they were barking and carrying on. We went out to see what was going on and there on the top of the fence was an opossum. It was frozen in place... playing possum. The dogs were going nuts! My husband went down and took the broom, was trying to knock it off the fence to the other side make it run away, but it just held on. He banged it a couple of times, it just clutched the fence, drooling and foaming at the mouth. We thought it was sick but when we looked it up that is all part of them playing possum! Ugly giant rat looking creatures. Here is a photo I found on line, they give me the creeps. The one last night was huge and had lots of long fur, looked much like this one. I guess this cold weather made it go hunting earlier than usual! Ok, until next time… Tj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...