Post 42

Monday morning in the rain I noticed there were several goldfinches hanging on to the very bottom of our sock feeders pulling out the last of the seed. The sun came out so I filled the feeder. This morning I look and see the seed is about half gone again. But it's been stormy!!! A few minutes later I look out and the feeder is covered with birds and there are a couple dozen more on the ground, enduring the wind and the rain! Wind gusts were up to 45mph at that time, the feeder was flapping in the wind and yet they hang on! I guess there isn't much food this time of year for them. If you don't know what they are, lovely little birds, here is a photo of the gold finch on our sock feeders a couple of months ago. Greenish yellow in the winter and bright beautiful yellow in the spring and summer. I am getting a camera this week so I'll be posting more current photos soon… yeah! I am looking forward to having a camera again. Really much of what I wanted to do with this blog is post photos of the neighborhood, looking forward to sharing the beauty of Southside Park! Until next time… Tj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...