Post 40

Not exactly Southside Park, but close. Last night, I arrive home from work, my husband suggests we go out to dinner to one of our favorite hamburger places. Hamburger Patties. It is a bar/restaurant in midtown Sacramento, the corner of 17th and J streets, they have great burgers and friendly staff. The building was once home to Sams Hofbrau, a place my hubby and I knew very well, he used to play there several times a week so it is very familiar to us. Anyway, we go to dinner and we arrive and their parking lot is really full! The attendant tells us it's Drag Queen bingo night! What? I had heard from a friend about Drag Queen Bingo! Hamburger Patties like many midtown business is gay friendly so it didn't surprise me that was the location. AND I won!!! BINGO!!!!!!! The winners have to walk/run through the restaurant while wearing a wig and crown, and all the other players pelt you with their balled up bingo cards! No worries, the cards are just paper. What a fun thing to happen into! And yet more evidence of the cultural diversity that is this place where I live! Love it! Until next time… Tj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...