Day 9

Ok, I totally missed day 8. I was in bed last night and had one of those, oh shoot moments. Day 8 had already come and gone by then. :( Well, any of you who might follow my art blog know I am obsessed with other peoples laundry hanging out to dry. I don't know why this started, but I have been painting laundry scenes. The other day wandering around our neighborhood, I found 2 different places with laundry hanging! I don't think I've seen laundry hanging in Sacramento anywhere for a very long time. Or, maybe I just didn't notice, now that I'm obsessed I did. Other areas of the world it is pretty common to see peoples laundry, but here? Well there it was, within 2 blocks of each other... laundry!! I was very excited when I found the first one, then to see more on the next block? woo hoo!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I am thankful for many things, family, health, friends, I have a job and... I am thankful for the roof over our heads and the wonderful place we call home. Be well and have a very Happy Thanksgiving!



1 comment:

  1. Cool! I heard or read recently that apparently their have been some ordinances made in certain neighborhoods that ban laundry from being hung outside. (Laundry is unsightly?!?) Some "green" group is trying to have this ordinance taken away. Makes sense to me! I find hung laundry to be colorful, interesting, and exciting to photograph and paint/draw. - As you do, T.J.

    Great find!

    Isn't easier to put one's panties on the line rather than one's life? (hah!) (uhhh...maybe that wasn't SO funny.........but.......I tried!??)

    -gooddddddddday!

    ReplyDelete

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...