Day 13

For anyone reading this that might not know, Downtown Sacramento is set up like a grid. Numbered streets run West to East numbered from 2nd to 30th streets, and letter streets North to South from B to W. Very easy to navigate. See the map to the right... Southside park neighborhood is from 3rd to I think 12th (officially) and from W to Q. The South West corner of Sacramento. A very colorful corner of town too! Today, as on most Sundays I awoke to the sweet sounds of church bells ringing. One of the churches across the park has bells that ring on the hour daily, and on Sunday mornings play songs for several hours. Another sound in the neighborhood that makes me smile. Here is a photo of the side of the Catholic Church, Our Lady of Guadalupe. A beautiful large mural of the lady herself. Not the church with the bells, I think the Downtown Baptist church that has the bell tower. More about them another time. Our Lady of Guadalupe church is a very active church, rich in hispanic culture. They often have beautiful colorful celebrations that spill over into the park and occasionally a parade! Most Sundays you can buy food from vendors on the street in front of the church. Like corn on the cob on a stick. Here is a photo of a man selling fruit from his truck on the corner from the church. Until next time... Tj.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite murals in sac. I love fruit & veggie vendors.

    ReplyDelete

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...