Day 12

Well today I didn't venture out of my home. So I don't really know what was going on in the neighborhood, except I do know the Santa Train is running in Old Sacramento! We live about a mile from Historic Old Town Sacramento. One of the attractions there is the State Railroad Museum, and one of the Museum features is this old steam train that you can take a ride on. In the summer they have open air cars you can sit in, this time of year they are mostly vintage passenger cars. The tracks pass by just 3 blocks from our home, as it travels about a mile or two south, all the while the old train whistle blows whoooo whooooo whooo, the engine then moves from the front of the train to the back and then the train travels back to Old Sac. We can hear it loud and clear from our house, that sounds makes me happy! I found this video of the train on You tube, sure hope the owner doesn't mind if I share! Listen for the whistle... that is what I was listening to all day today and I'm sure many kids were enjoying the train ride with Santa!!! Until next time... Tj.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post 104

It’s been a long time since I wrote and I have some sadness about that. I wish I would have documented more!  But the time has come. Our hom...